Gathering a normal Process Monitor log for debugging
- Log in to Windows using an account with administrative privileges.
- Download Process Monitor from Process Monitor
- Extract the contents of the file zip to your desktop.
- Run Procmon.exe.
- Process Monitor will begin logging from the moment it starts running. To stop this, click the Capture icon ().
- Clear all the events that Process Monitor recorded by clicking the Clear icon ().
- When you are ready to recreate the issue or scenario, click the Capture icon () to begin logging.
- Once you have recreated the issue or scenario, click the Capture icon ( ) to stop logging.
- Click the Save icon (). The following dialogue will be displayed. Ensure that you have selected All events and that you save the file in the native PML file format.
- Close Process Monitor.
- Compress and zip the PML file.
- Send the .zip file to ActivePDF support, if the file is too big let ActivePDF Support know so they can create a shared drive.
Please sign in to leave a comment.