The software release for ActivePDF OCR 4.3.0 (18.104.22.16874) includes new features.
The following software is required to successfully use ActivePDF OCR.
- Windows Server® 2012 R2, 2016, or 2019
- Microsoft® .NET Framework 4.6.2 (If it is not detected, it is installed automatically)
- Supported browsers (for Data Capture Verifier): Chrome and Firefox
Pentium 1.6 GHz or higher processor (Intel Core or higher CPU is recommended).
- 4 GB minimum RAM; 6 GB Recommended for grayscale or color images and more for multithreaded applications.
- 1 GB of free hard disk space
- 2 GB minimum RAM; 4 GB Recommended
- 600 MB of free hard disk space
Note: If installing an ActivePDF product on a Windows 2012 R2 server for the first time, you must download and install two Microsoft updates for Windows 2012 R2 servers. The updates resolve issues with Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Runtime Components. For links and step-by-step instructions, see the ActivePDF Knowledge Base article Installing Products on Windows 2012 R2 Servers.
ActivePDF OCR 4.3.0 has new features available through the Configuration Manager.
- Hebrew support: OCR now offers Hebrew as a supported language for OCR Profiles. To select Hebrew as the language, click OCR Profiles, go to Character Recognition and select Hebrew. For more information on configuring languages, see The OCR Profiles Page: Character Recognition Tab.
- Enhanced installer: The OCR Licensor now launches at the end of the installation to add the extended license feature for additional page counts, cores, and add-ons.
ActivePDF OCR 4.3.0 also includes data capture enhancements:
- Enhanced output file names: Data capture uses a new naming convention for output files created using templates. The output .csv file name is now amended to include both the template name and the input file name, so that you can continue using the template file.
- New DataCaptureSettings class: For more information about the DataCapture constructor and properties, see the DataCaptureSettings Class documentation.
- Updated template editor: The template editor was updated for OCR 4.3.0, which may affect templates used in prior OCR releases. If you encounter template issues, contact ActivePDF Support.
- The OCRType property was removed as a property from the OCRSettings class, and moved to the ConversionSettings class.
The UNC folder does not work when using custom credentials.
When processing a multipage template and running validation, all data displays on one line. If bypassing validation, the data from each page displays on a separate line.
|20324||OCR does not retain custom metadata in the output file.|
|20327||Large files (more than 86 MB) process for 20 minutes, then go to the Errors folder.|
|20374||Image with text does not OCR if both text with image and searchable text exist on a PDF.|
Please contact customer support for further information.
Installation and Getting Started
API information is available in the ActivePDF OCR User Guide.
Data Capture Verifier
Installation and Getting Started
For installation and configuration information, see Installing Data Capture Verifier.
The Data Capture Verifier User Guide is available here.
OCR Product Page
For more information, go to the ActivePDF OCR product page.